If you have a permanent connection and don't turn off your computer while away from home anyway, Eudora can send these vacation auto-replies for you automatically.
Set up a Vacation Auto-Reply in Eudora
To create an autoresponder (for vacation auto-replies, for example) in Eudora:
- Create a message template for the reply.
- Mention not only that, but also until when you'll be on vacation, and probably that you will reply when you're back.
- Select Tools | Filters from the menu.
- Click the New button.
- Make the filter criteria read: Match Incoming Header To: contains <your email address>.
- Select Reply with from the Action drop-down menu.
- Choose the template for your vacation auto-reply.
- Make sure the filter is at the top of your filters.
- Close the Filters window.
- Click Yes.