(See How to Delete Your Yahoo! Mail Account for the steps to take to close your account.)
What made you quit? I Quit Because:
Slow Response, Prone to Random Freeze
- Used this for at least eight years, I recently decided I couldn't put up with it anymore. It's buggy as hell and since they removed the classic option, I am forced to use the 'modern' version-which is prone to freezing randomly. Click anything, freeze. Write a mail, freeze. If it's not freezing, then the response will be as slow as slug. I'm totally fed up.
- —Guest Lisa Wang
Cannot Send/Forward—Only 6 Addresses
- I can't send/forward email's--only 6 address's used and it just says-sorry cannot send==what's up ??It's been doing it for aprox 2 months--Please FIX!!!!!!
- —Guest jack
Ok for a while
- I have used Yahoo mail for quite a while but now it doesn't work. The error given was that I needed to change my password. After that not a hope in hell's chance!! If it's a computer fault, who bloody programmed the thing?!! Hopefully there will be a point when Eurasia can not rely on America for everything and perhaps do an equally poor job.
- —Guest Dean
Locked out of my own email and no way..
- I went holidays o/s, checked my email each day, when I came back home I couldn't get into yahoo email because "you are logging in from a different machine". Duh! I couldn't remember my secret question, but I had my regular login password, Yahoo wouldn't allow me back into my own email. Pathetic! If you go on holidays and return to your own PC, the Yahoo crappy security bot thinks you have been hacked! Those security programmers at yahoo are just plain DUMB!
- —Guest Mika
- My account was hacked and offensive material has been sent to people on my contact list.
- —Guest Guest Victori
Cannot Access Account, Hard to Use
- [I quit] because i cannot access my act and it's hard to use it.
- —Guest nhas
- So annoying that yahoo kept sending spam from my email to other people. SO EMBARRASSING. So annoyed that this happened. HELLO GMAIL.
- —Guest Dara Spencer
Yahoo email sucks
- Too many requests for phone and cell numbers. This is email, not a phone number. The email itself is not user friendly — they hide the email addresses, the emails don't formate correctly. On top of that there are biased liberal news articles after every log out. I have not enough of this.
- —Guest Jen
Ads, News and Spam
- Obnoxious roll-out ads on the homepage that you are forced to watch. Reaaaalllly crappy, unresearched, and recycled "news" stories. Waaaaay too many pornographic e-mail invitations. Loads and loads of spam. It's just become a sick, junky place and I'm outa here.
- —Guest genny65
Too Much Spam
- Way too much spam, and had my account hacked twice. I have had enough of all this!
- —Guest Samy
Hacked by unknown person
- I want to quit from this account because of someone using my identity to do something not right to me....
- —Guest Jefri
- It takes too much room on my home page, and I did not sign up for in the first place!
- —Guest magenta
Run, Don't Walk
- They're clannish and will hack you! My account has been hacked twice. I'M DONE WITH YOU!
- —Guest Gunner
Will Close If I Can't Get Classic
- Here is why I love the Yahoo classic account: because I am 72 and can't see good all of your Yahoo accounts are just too hard for people like me. I have tried every way I can to get this account on classic Yahoo, but I give up. So, if I can't get Yahoo classic, I will close this account now.
Mail Returned Unsent
- My mail was getting refused/returned at random. Absolutely no help from Yahoo tech support.
- —Guest Fed Up with yahoo