(See How to Delete Your Yahoo! Mail Account for the steps to take to close your account.)
What made you quit? I Quit Because:
Don't Use Account
- I do not use this acct for correspondence, too much scam, too much of everything!
- —Guest email@example.com
The new interface is a joke
- Yahoo are doing a windows 8, forcing us to use a mobile interface even on a desktop. This means we lose tabs (so can't keep an email you are writing open while you check something in an old email in another tab), you can't keep your list of folders visible, and the whole thing is obscured by a nasty pictorial background. I'm quitting the interface and having the mail forwarded elsewhere because I want to keep the email address I have used for 20 odd years, and paid for for 15 years or so!
New Yahoo Sucks
- They messed with my homepage that I've had for a decade. "New" Yahoo is a joke. Wrote them a message, got some lame response. WFT-ever. I'm out. Delete. Buh-bye.
- —Guest ShakeyMae
- I want to quit my yahoo mail account because I am being hacked, and I seperated with my man because of it.
- —Guest nabwire
I don't want it
- I don't want it because its too old and I got a new email
- —Guest Josh
2nd Account Hacked
- My last yahoo account was hacked about six years ago, so I opened a new yahoo account. This morning, everyone on my contact list received an email from my yahoo account that contained a strange link. No more yahoo for me!
- —Guest Ros
Slow Response, Prone to Random Freeze
- Used this for at least eight years, I recently decided I couldn't put up with it anymore. It's buggy as hell and since they removed the classic option, I am forced to use the 'modern' version-which is prone to freezing randomly. Click anything, freeze. Write a mail, freeze. If it's not freezing, then the response will be as slow as slug. I'm totally fed up.
- —Guest Lisa Wang
Cannot Send/Forward—Only 6 Addresses
- I can't send/forward email's--only 6 address's used and it just says-sorry cannot send==what's up ??It's been doing it for aprox 2 months--Please FIX!!!!!!
- —Guest jack
Ok for a while
- I have used Yahoo mail for quite a while but now it doesn't work. The error given was that I needed to change my password. After that not a hope in hell's chance!! If it's a computer fault, who bloody programmed the thing?!! Hopefully there will be a point when Eurasia can not rely on America for everything and perhaps do an equally poor job.
- —Guest Dean
Locked out of my own email and no way..
- I went holidays o/s, checked my email each day, when I came back home I couldn't get into yahoo email because "you are logging in from a different machine". Duh! I couldn't remember my secret question, but I had my regular login password, Yahoo wouldn't allow me back into my own email. Pathetic! If you go on holidays and return to your own PC, the Yahoo crappy security bot thinks you have been hacked! Those security programmers at yahoo are just plain DUMB!
- —Guest Mika
- My account was hacked and offensive material has been sent to people on my contact list.
- —Guest Guest Victori
Cannot Access Account, Hard to Use
- [I quit] because i cannot access my act and it's hard to use it.
- —Guest nhas
- So annoying that yahoo kept sending spam from my email to other people. SO EMBARRASSING. So annoyed that this happened. HELLO GMAIL.
- —Guest Dara Spencer
Yahoo email sucks
- Too many requests for phone and cell numbers. This is email, not a phone number. The email itself is not user friendly — they hide the email addresses, the emails don't formate correctly. On top of that there are biased liberal news articles after every log out. I have not enough of this.
- —Guest Jen
Ads, News and Spam
- Obnoxious roll-out ads on the homepage that you are forced to watch. Reaaaalllly crappy, unresearched, and recycled "news" stories. Waaaaay too many pornographic e-mail invitations. Loads and loads of spam. It's just become a sick, junky place and I'm outa here.
- —Guest genny65