(See How to Close Your Windows Live Hotmail Account for the steps to take to close your account.)
What made you quit? I Quit Because...
Too Much Spam
- Way too much spam in my account. Sick of it! Blocking it does not work, it just keeps coming.
- —Guest marco m
Don't Really Use It Anymore
- I quit my account because I don't really use it anymore, and I don't see the point of having an account when I never check my email anymore
- —Guest jessica
No Longer Want or Need Two Addresses
- I no longer want or need two email addresses and so choose to close my hot mail address.
- —Guest helen fox
Hacked Twice in 3 Months
- Someone hacked into my account two times within the past three months, changed my password and sent out advertisements to all my contacts.
- —Guest L Smith
Wish There Was More Hacking Protection
- I wish that Hotmail offered more protection against hackers — who stole my contact info and sent unsavory links to my friends making ME LOOK UNSAVORY — NOT APPRECIATED AT ALL!
- —Guest ll
Why so many tools to do one simple thing
- I feel this selection of search engines and browsers , etc., they all do the same and it's ridiculous to go to three different accounts to be 1. Anonymous, 2. Different personas, etc. What happened to the promise that computers would make our lives easier? It seems they are trying to take over your personal life as well as leak it to the world. Not a good thing. I value my privacy and when I went to Hotmail one day, Microsoft without any permission or approval from the client changed to OUTLOOK.COM. Not happy with your ability to screw with my set up. As it is, I have stopped using IE for the most part because of its inferiority over other options. Thanks but No Thanks!
- —Guest Ross Bernerd
Close my account
- I am receiving too much spam in my account. I also rarely use this account. I would just like to close this account.
- —Guest william ramirez
- When I could no longer use my e-mail last evening, after many hours on the phone with your people from India, they told me I had over 300 problems and that in order for me to get this cleaned up by your tech's it would cost me ...This is not my fault so why do I have to pay for an error on your web....You then removed all my contacts and I have no e-mails for all my family an friends,,,,I was treated very badly from a Jefferey as he was rude to be as I am a senior and I don't understand all the instructions given to me... He was very impatient and I not helpful ...I want to close my account as this is very stressful and customer service from hotmail is terrible...I realize this service is free, but if you treat people the way I was treated I am closing my account immediately
- —Guest Diane
- I receive anywhere from 200 to 300 spam a day. Takes time to go through this as sometimes there is something not meant to be there.
- —Guest gversteegh
TOO MUCH SPAM!
- Just completely fed up with the number of spam emails I receive.
- —Guest Chez
- My e-mail has been hacked, I can't check my Hotmail. Why?
- —Guest bahrami
What a Pain
- Trying to close my Hotmail/Live account is to a point of impossible and frustrating. I want to close due to all the spam and way too many ads that just keep on coming. To use the junk/delete/trash… doesn't work. To try and block all this unnecessary crap, doesn't work. Hotmail/Live even though it's free, isn't worth it.
- —Guest Missy
I Am Leaving Because…
- I am leaving Hotmail because they have made it impossible for me to access my account, having been a loyal customer for many years
- —Guest monicamonro
- I want to close my account because some one has access to it, and my account is blocked.
- —Guest jim mcleod
Why Can Deleting an Account Not Be Easy?
- I will not use it because it is so annoying and such a fraud what Microsoft is doing. They don't allow people to easily delete their accounts. What is the problem with Microsoft? Why can't you make it easy? There are so many steps and then it all comes down to an error and we're back at square one! This is very frustrating! Trust me, I will never be using this account again!
- —Guest Stuart Lopez