Crap service and open for hacking!
- My email account was hacked and endless rounds of junk was sent to all my contacts on a daily basis for weeks until I finally had it. Microsoft needs a serious attitude adjustment where their service to their clients is concerned. I will not use Microsoft products again.
- —Guest firstname.lastname@example.org
- [I quit my Windows Live Hotmail account] because I got hacked, and it wasn't safe anymore. I just opened a new one.
- —Guest anonymous
I've given up on Windows Live Hotmail
- My account was hacked into too, and then I couldn't log on as my account had been blocked — despite going through the ritual of changing passwords 3 times. I can't even delete my account - as you can't do that without logging on ! There are no real people to contact on WL site — just a long list of ever unhelpful pages from people who have gone through the same carry on — and don't look as though they have had an adequate solution either.
- —Guest It was hacked into, and then blocked.
Canceling my Account
- I do not want it, period! [...] It says if I don't use it, it will cancel itself. THAT is not the case... I'm sick of it... don't like it...
- —Guest don't want it
Account was being used…
- I quit because someone was using my account to send spam to my contacts.
- —Guest Misuse by persons unknown
Sooo many reasons…
- I have read other ppl's reasons, and they match mine, so just stick it… I've had this e-mail for years, and this crap of blocking just started a while ago, but long enough for me. I've had it… keep ur Hotmail accounts and keep bothering ppl, soon there won't be anymore Hotmail, or is it u want us to pay? Well, Gmail is fine, thanks.
- —Guest email@example.com
- [My Windows Live Hotmail account got] hacked, and spam has been sent out. I closed the account.
- —Guest newt
Virus Sending Mail To All Contacts
- [I'm quitting] because a virus is sending unwanted mail to all my contacts.
- —Guest firstname.lastname@example.org
Fed Up With Hotmail
- I have been trying to access my account, which they have closed, and I have reset [my] password but still cannot access, and no other response [is] available. Very fed up.
- —Guest jafrier
Way Too Much Spam
- close my account because someone sent email-junk to me, and I quit this although i like it… it has way too much spam… and someone has been sending emails from my account through the internet. It has gone through all my address book and sent malicious emails to everyone in my account. I wont stand for that!!! Bye Bye Hotmail.
- —Guest nongpaew
Too Much Spam
- 30+ spam emails daily! Fed up, and Gmail offers a better spam free account.
- —Guest adam
- [Windows Live Hotmail] kept sending messages from my account to all my contacts.
- —Guest margaret
Reason for closing email account
- It was getting out of hand. I'm getting too many emails and want to start over.
- —Guest marlene smith
The worst service imaginable
- Whichever of their 'services' you might be unlucky enough to get badgered into using, Microsoft will lock you down, give you a really poor experience that you can always get better free alternatives for, and then throw away the key. I've had an 'MSN' account that I've tried to cancel for over 10 years and now I'm waiting for the 120 day period they force on you. I've called them up and been passed around various call centres with stupidly bad voice recognition and they all refuse to cancel my account. They didn't even give me the option of forwarding my email out to Gmail because they know their service just plain sucks. I hate Microsoft and all their second class useless products. I hope they are liquidated and not one bit of code is left.
- —Guest Adam
Can't sign in
- I could not get signed into my account for a couple of months now, and I am sick trying they keep saying they sent me a link but I cant get into, I am just feed up trying. If I can set up a new one I might be back.
- —Guest ellenmcreynolds