Gmail: Intrusive, Ads, Spam, Hacked,…
- I am quitting G-mail for multiple reasons 1) They have become too intrusive 2) they are becoming God-like in their attitudes "we do what we like to whoever we see fit" .l. (means FU) 3) Ads are their Mantra, they will do everything to place them 4) Without right or notice, they have put in place a program to read and survey my mail, selecting key words to target their advertising campaigns 5) they have zero regard for anyone's feelings or opinions 6) I have been hacked multiple times, Google's anti-spam is just not effective. 7) Just because they hide behind tomes of small print where they slip in their right to analyse all you do, may be legal, but it is not kosher, considerate or even nice 8) "with great power comes great responsibility" , Google have lost all sense of decency in their incessant greedy chase after the almighty dollar and its equivalents. It has just got too big for its boot-up. 9) finally, I am totally wasting my time as they don't even bother to read these comments
- —Guest doniefearnain
Privacy and Google
- [I quit Gmail] because they're going to start combing through everyone's search history such as health, sexual orientation, political beliefs and so on… well f. that and f. Google ;)
- —Guest pdiddy
Finally fed up with Gmail
- —Guest Angie
Google Invades Privacy
- Google has turned out to be something of an evil empire. Not only have they been collecting data on you, they're going to start collecting data from all their sites to build a profile on you. Screw that.
- —Guest Germanicus
Getting Other People's Mail in Gmail
- I am unnecessarily getting other's Gmail starting with same first address word (Rajendra).
- —Guest Rajendra Joshi
Account got hacked
- I kept getting reports of my account being accessed in numerous different countries. I decided to just get rid of it.
- —Guest obelisk2049
Too Much Junk
- Too much junk mail, and there are others that I do not want to have my email address.
- —Guest Judah A. Bey Isra'el
Too Many Accounts
- I ended up with too many accounts and just need to get rid of some.
- —Guest urmipatel
I quit GMAIL because…
- …it infringes on my privacy. Google shouldn't keep so much data on its users.
- —Guest stop_stalking_me
- i have not dumped Gmail yet but will after today's experience. What's going on? These changes are counter productive, offensive, has made it impossible to access my e-mails so why not switch accounts? What were [they] thinking?
- —Guest patricia Ellis
I want to quit Gmail...
- ...for the simple reason that my computer broke down and I have waited 12 weeks to get help with a new company. I heard good [things] about Zoho and decided to try it. But they are giving me a headache as well. HELP PLEASE. Must everything be so difficult?
- —Guest Maureen
Never used it anyway
- I've got several own domains, including matching email addresses. When someone invited me to G.Wave, I had to open an account, but I soon stopped using either of those services.
- —Guest Ute
No Gmail for me
- I cannot delete old mail, it just goes from one folder to another. It is stupid and annoys me.
- —Guest Carlo
Decided I Don't Need Gmail
- Decided I don't want it after I started it only after a conversation with someone, and they wanted me to have it. I don't desire to be in contact with this person on here and I have plenty of emails so don't need it.
- —Guest darrelhoughtalig
Gmail Infringes on my Privacy
- [I deleted my Gmail account] because it infringes on my privacy. It keeps records of my searches, which is private.
- —Guest firstname.lastname@example.org