NG: Gmail, Yahoo & Rocket, Fastmail, Aol
- Gmail works fine but too many email hosts block gmail domain so my emails do not get to the intended [recipients]=no-good (ng), Yahoo & Rocketmail too have an Aol-like interface, and just too much spam and each keep asking the distorted image questions to prove I am real=ng, Fastmail.ca is really fast but crammed with spam=ng, everyone knows Aol sucks=ng, yet mail.com bought their interface=ng. So what have I found that is good? That is a moving target: usually new minimal services web emails are good for a while, then change and go down hill (yea I know it seems like you can not win, but I keep slugging away). Good Luck.
- —Guest experienced-email-user
- www.antisquare.com for the best free unmonitored email
- —Guest AntiSquare.COM Email
Unhappy with Gmail
- I used to use Hotmail, until I started getting too much spam. I have now been with Gmail for a few years, but have in the last 6 months or so also been receiving far too much spam. Another problem I have had is that for the last few months every single email I send goes straight to the bin, and the message that pops up say this is my fault! How on earth, and why on earth would I do that?! I have mailed a complaint to Gmail regarding this, but have never received any response. So I need to move on! I would go with mac.com, as I do have a mac laptop, but my laptop is so old they seem to be incompatible… (tried it before). So thus I am here, trying to do some research.
- —Guest v6
AOL, Yahoo OK. Lycos unstable in 2010
- AOL, Yahoo allow massive message purging. I think the jury is still out on Gmail. Lycos had been great until 2010 when they made two user interface transitions. Hope I can stay there.
- —Guest Western Hemisphere
Yahoo Mail - the best 4 me
- Excellent features. Large storage size. Effective anti spam.
- —Guest Maggie
- AOL is pretty good. It's way better than Yahoo, but the problem with it is: the spam filter sucks. Gmail I'm scared to use cuz they read all your emails and use the info to sell stuff to you. I still haven't found a good way to replace my AOL account yet.
- —Guest Wisgirl
Gmail all the way
- I have tried many different email providers (Yahoo!, AOL, GMX, Hotmail, Mail.com, V.GG, etc., etc.), and I have to say Gmail is hands down the best. It has many easy-to-use features and has never let me down. Yahoo! isn't very good because of their poor POP access. GMX has to be the second best, but Gmail's extra functions such as "send mail as another address" clinch it for me. NOTE: DO NOT try V.GG email! It is absolutely terrible! There are hardly any features, it has lots of downtime, no forwarding, no POP or IMAP, lots of ads. Don't be suckered in by the short address! They make it hard to leave with no forwarding. Also they pester you to pay to upgrade to a less than half-decent account, which is still miles behind any other.
- —Guest wman2
Gmail and Thunderbird
- I use Thunderbird to organize all my mail; no advertisements, just the mail in separate folders that I can set filters for (like Facebook, shopping places, online forum responses, etc.). I've used Gmail pretty much since it was created and loved it.
- —Guest AlphaEnder
- My Gmail account got hijacked. (Very professionally done. For Gmail, make sure you check the "log in secure" checkbox in account settings.) After I requested that I get a new password, Gmail responded within 2 hrs. Very satisfied. I wish it hadn't happened, but the response was fantastic.
- —Guest Steptantz
Aol rocks for me
- Aol always keeps my mail. It doesn't delete anything until i delete it myself. I had Aol since middle school, and I still have it now.
- —Guest chenamy91
They all suck
- I can't find a simple no frills but yet somewhat colorful secure free email program. Don't want the ads and want to be able to read the dam email message in full and not in a small box at the bottom of the page having to scroll to read it all, what happened? It use to not be that way.
- —Guest Al
Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail: Spies
- Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail Spies It has been all over the News that Gmail Spies on You and Reports it to the Mega Corporations, and to the Federal and State Spying Agencies aka law enFORCEment. Yahoo doesn't admit it Yet, but they Spy also. Yahoo's CEO admitted as much, and told Yahoo employees to Keep their mouth shut if they wanted to Keep their jobs. Microsoft has made Deals with the European Govts, so No Privacy with Hotmail. Mega Corps are like Corrupt Governments for Sale. The Bigger they are, the less they are to be trusted.
Keep trying to drop Gmail…
- I don't like Google products because of their privacy issues, so I am trying to divest myself of Gmail. Problem is I can't find a service that is as versatile or reliable. It loads quickly and has great search features, which I need. It's only been down when I needed it a few times, but so [have been] all the others. Oh well…
- —Guest callmechaz
(New?) Mail.com as of mid-Dec. '10
- Since resurfacing mail.com, it's worse. When you want to resign in, you have to click on the address section, reversely remove the previous address & redo the one you want. An annoyance. However, spam (not phishing) protection is somewhat better than in the past.
- —Guest pj
- Zoho has been fantastic. It is better than Gmail in many ways.
- —Guest MeAfar