Moving from MSN...
- I am moving from MSN. They have just lost/deleted all my emails.
- —Guest Maree
- I use Myemail.com, but 1 out of 2 times I can't open it or delete items.
- —Guest Judith Allen
All I want is easy, reliable, and…
- Started with Hotmail years ago. Then I couldn't access it. Called support in India and they said no problem. I still couldn't access it. Then ISP closed me (and everyone else in the area) out due to noisy phone lines. Changed ISP to local and local email server. Server retired and ISP sent us to their new partner, Google and Gmail. Gmail wants my mobile number. Got none and don't want one. With dial-up, I can't ask anyone else to take the activation code and call me. Tried it, doesn't work. Had free Yahoo account, but never again. My e-mail addy isn't for the public when I post to forums. Thanks one and all for your input. Looking at Zoho, safe-mail.net, lavabit.com and In.com. All I want is easy, reliable and semi-private. No email provider needs your birthday or anything else except to target you for spam. And with dial-up, spam is verboten, sent or received.
- —Guest overtheedge
I use Hotmail
- Hello! I personally think Hotmail is the best free email provider. (I also use AOL)
- —Guest Clambo_Clamster
- [I] do not like [Gmail's] format, it was recommended by a relative. I have a website but always having problems…
- —Guest ann ferricher
- —Because I like them, and I think they're a great company to use.
- —Guest Gemma
AOL Huffington: Not for Me
- I've been on AOL for about 12 years… now they are buying the Huffington Post… I'm outta here. Looking for non-political e-mail acct...
Gmail was great, but...
- Gmail was great but suddenly was disabled & I cannot remember all the info they want to get it back. They want you to use Chrome to make Gmail work right when it always did before—now labels don't work but even on dialup it used to work on an older PC. I just want email-not Buzz or Chrome—and it seems I need to know too much tech stuff to fix it. AOL is maybe better for my purpose or Thunderbird. I have files I love with info I have lost on gmail. I loved the Labeling feature but suddenly this option is gone and there is no way to email them. Its hard to lose all my files and I do have another gmail account but will look for another email. I do not trust the direction of Goggle or gmail & shucks it don't even work right. Too many issues. I doubt anyone hijacked my recipe files. I see others have lost their gmail too—so maybe they just want to dump some accounts. Makes me angry and sad. To them, it's just business. To us, it's our private interests and emails deleted.
- I have been using Yahoo Mail for years, since my crappy Rogers ISP affiliated with them. However, since they inserted advertising to the right of my messages , suing up my desktop space for an account I pay for thru my ISP it disgusts me. Tried changing to Gmail and using it for both my Gmail acc't and my yahoo acct., but every message I sent out carried my Gmail address… no matter how I set it up. Drives me nuts, and [I am] looking for a better solution.
- —Guest Dougj
Years Of Experience with Email
- Most all (Altavista, AOL, Hotmail, Excite, Yahoo, Lycos, MSN) I've used them all, and they are never there when you really need them, especially when filing your taxes or E-filing, out of nowhere you can longer log in or check an E-filing status, all in all E-mail at least free email is a failure. it really is, thats why we need the IRS to setup E-filing accounts or cease and desist with e-filing.
- —Guest Hugh
- It is great, but getting into it is real bad. Getting "Internet Explorer can not display website" message with windows7. I can not take it anymore. So how can gmail be #1 on this list?
- —Guest Marye
Gmail is fine
- If you're getting to much spam you asked for it. I have never gotten any.
- —Guest Greg
Gmail: Horrible Customer Service
- I used to have gmail. My account was recently 'disabled'. HORRIBLE customer service. There is no live help for gmail, only a web page that is no help at all.
- —Guest Meg
Gmail would be okay if only they...
- Lycos is run by morons. 4 completely different user interface "designs" in 9 years—you can't get used to anything. Morons. Gmail would be ok if they would listen to COMMON SENSE - case in point: you delete a draft, it VANISHES instead of going to the trash folder. Just asinine and inconsiderate. Pretty much EVERY google product has annoying autocomplete @#$% that can't be turned off. "Autosave" can't be turned off or configured and really only works correctly with their "chrome" "browser". Just blatant design arrogance. No one single web-email provider understands usability, granular options, and what it means to design POLITE software. People/users need to start getting a clue. Changing a UI for no reason, and a lack of granular UI options—is not the way to do software and there should be more serious complaints and criticism of these companies.
- —Guest Former Developer
- Loved it till they changed it to 2011 version, now it sucks big time, no more PC to PC without webcam, can no longer download mail to PC, errors everywhere, they have ruined it for everyone I know.
- —Guest lynn