Trouble with Gmail
- When I signed into Gmail twice, they said my password was no good. They wanted a recovery email. I tried to get on Hotmail, and they wanted another email account. Not being able to get on either, I opened a new account with Gmail. Now I am looking for a better one.
- —Guest Barbara
Zoho Mail - the best
- I have used all the email services, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, GMX and Zoho. But I find Zoho winning over the rest of them in terms of privacy, clear UI, labels and folders option, managing email and excellent support. Yahoo — Hotmail, too much ads, Gmail — privacy intrusion , GMX — I hate their flash site…
- —Guest Guest Mail user
Hotmail is okay
- I've used Hotmail for 6 years without much problem (on a Mac even). Spam filters have gotten better along with storage. Friends keep giving snotty remarks like: "Hotmail is so 90's!"
- —Guest greg
I quit Gmail
- All of a sudden they've locked users out of their accounts unless we provide them with our telephone numbers. Google knows too much about us already and keeps the information forever!
- —Guest laceymike
- I've been using Hotmail since 2005, they're always updating it, and it's the best free thing I've ever signed up for.
- —Guest Adam
To switch or not to switch? Hmm…
- Been using Yahoo for years but continue to be unsatisfied. Just a couple petty things; Don't like to forward mail with six inches worth of headers from previous recipients. You can get rid of them but it's time consuming etc. Really don't like sending mail w/ my friends entire address attached. It's like their privacy is invaded. I have yet to find a way to solve that though I keep emailing Yahoo for help. So now I'm researching email programs. Sadly from everything I've read so far it's basically a big crap shoot. I guess I'll stick w/ Yahoo for now. You know—Know thine enemy? Too bad Outlook Express is no longer around. I really liked them. Simple, no complicated bells and whistles. It had it's problems yea but you could schmooze around them. Regards, Karen
- —Guest Karen
- My Msn account got hijacked and the hijacker sent emails to all my contacts stating I was stranded and robbed at an airport in Germany and needed $1000 wired and to include the acct. # and exact amount sent... obvious scam. Msn was unwilling, rude and refused to help and was only concerned with if I was paying for the provider.
Yahoo is best
- I have used Yahoo e-mail since 1999 and have absolutely no complaints. It loads fast and has everything I need. Recently my husband decided to try Gmail for himself and was totally disgusted with the performance. It's slow loading and messages got lost. He decided to go back to his Yahoo account.
- —Guest Sandi
Gmail is the Best!
- I've been using Gmail for 2 years+. I used to use Yahoo mail, but the spam was uncontrollable. I love all the ways to filter and customize your incoming mail through Gmail.
- —Guest Lucy
Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, and Mail.com
- I've had the same Yahoo account for 12+ years, it is so full of spam on a daily basis that I can hardly ever find my friends emails. So I use it for all consumer stuff where I need to enter my email and I've opened a gmail account for my family/friends to contact me. I use the Google Chrome so I don't have a problem with gmail. I've recently opened a mail.com email but don't have enough experience with it yet to rate it.
- —Guest lwin
Windows Live Hotmail
- I'm using Windows Live Hotmail, and so far the service is great. Their Japanese interface translation is the best I've seen, a bit behind Yahoo! Japan but still very impressive. I also have no problem using POP3 even though I am not a Plus user. But sometimes the web interface lags as hell, and the spam filter is not that great compared to Gmail and Yahoo! Japan.
- —Guest -dai-
- Better UI and collaboration with other apps and many new features!
- —Guest suvish
- Excellent features. Easy to use with simple interface.
- —Guest Murali
Gmail - No more
- To get a new Gmail account, you have to give them your mobile or land line phone number. It's not optional. No thanks!
- —Guest Sarah
Gmail and Hotmail Privacy
- I have both Gmail and Hotmail. I'm not sure which, but I now find personal posts to individuals and groups are being posted on the internet for all to see. This is a violation of my privacy. I noticed that on Hotmail the "contacts" list was checked and would not "unclick". I had to go through a complicated procedure to remove each contact. In other words, when I emailed my girlfriend my wife also got a copy. (just an example)
- —Guest ed