New Yahoo Sucks
- Been using Yahoo mail since it started, but the "new" changes messed everything up and I even lost an account with no help from those guys. I'm gonna look for something more stable, not where I'm gonna have to keep worrying about constant updates that I don't need.
- —Guest DS
Hotmail is pretty good. And Gmail?
- I signed up for a Hotmail account a couple months ago, only about 3 or 4 spams messages received. It seems pretty secure, and I like [it] because it's not that cluttered, or too simple. Gmail seems okay too, but I just signed up for my secondary email, and I still wait to see the results! yahoo is too crowded! Too many adds, too many options, everything is so overwhelming. I hear the security's bad, but I don't know.
- —Guest jane
Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo
- I have my alternate email addresses with Gmail. I don't like how it doubles up your messages if you have received more than one. - Yahoo, I have just only heard bad things about. - I still use Hotmail because it's the first email service that I heard of and you can connect services to it like Facebook and MySpace. I also like the instant messaging about everyone has moved on to Facebook now so I just email.
- —Guest Elgrakell12
Gmail OK, New Yahoo and AOL not so much
- I use Gmail as my personal email, and haven't had much to complain about. The new Yahoo, however, is buggy and doesn't play well with older browsers such as those used by libraries. GMX, which recently took over Mail.com, is a disaster, with bugs aplenty. And I recently had my AOL webmail account stolen by somebody who managed to hack my identity information and change the name and address on the account!
No more Yahoo for me
- Had been with Yahoo for over 10 years with very little problems. Then the eggheads with the golden screwdrivers thought they'd improve on something that already worked quite well. Needless to say, the "improved" Beta version is a mandated disaster! It is slow, not user friendly, full of unnecessary options, cannot change font size/color, will not accept attachments. If this isn't enough, read par 3 of user agreement. This should horrify anyone who understands English or values their privacy! No more Yahoo for me. NO WAY!
- —Guest Don
eCrypt.me works for me
- For those concerned with the security of the information they are sending or receiving, I would definitely recommend eCrypt.me which is a free, secure email service provider with a lot of features and without all the hassle! You still get to keep your email address when using this to send and receive messages in a very secure way using "closed loop system". Worth checking out!
- —Guest Gina
Very Disappointed with Yahoo!
- I have had Yahoo for many, many years. Now I have gone to Google. If it isn't broke don't fix it. Yahoo wasn't broke! The new Yahoo doesn't work.
- —Guest Guest PK
- Leaving Yahoo after several years. Our small business email got hacked. Lost all contacts and saved emails. Spam was sent out in our name, asking for money, etc. I have been working on this problem for 5 days now, NO HELP OR RESPONSE FROM YAHOO!
- —Guest Marie.K
- Horrible, uh, upgrade? I type and four seconds later the words appear, I have NO format button, so I can't spell check, bold, change the font, from the message. Addresses don't auto fill. Guess it's Google for me, which I never liked either. At least gmail doesn't give out your IP address! I guess Yahoo just thinks we don't like change...if it was a good change and stick with it. My website is with them also and they are changing that mail too. Taking down the website and having someone else host it. We want classic mail back! Can we start a petition? Do you think they would respond?
- —Guest Charleenmason
- I used it for years, but the new Yahoo email sucks.
- —Guest xx
Gmail and Hotmail=hell mail, Yahoo best
- I hate Gmail. I only have it as a necessary evil in order to use YouTube. I find the buzz totally unnecessary, creation of personal folders and filtering is not there. I get a ton of spam. I like the "new" Yahoo. Much easier to navigate now that it has tabbing. You can send updates on your status similar to Twitter. However I don't use that much since I am on Facebook. You can link your Facebook with your Yahoo, however, I don't recommend it. Linking accounts together makes it too easy to be hacked and you can't figure out how/where the hacker got in. I have never been hacked b/c I change my passwords and security questions often. I used Hotmail in the old days (1999-01) when that upgraded, I found better security but if you didn't log in every 30 days, all your folders and mail got deleted! BOO! HISS! Now you have to use Windows Live - the programs eat up a lot of hard drive space! BOOOO! Lycos used to be good but no longer. It requires a cell to rec'v a text for a pin.
- —Guest mi2ok02
Switching Away from Yahoo! Mail Plus
- I had Yahoo Plus classic and was forced to switch. Seems to hang all the time. I'm also switching.
- —Guest mhoppe
leaving Yahoo after 10+ years
- Totally disappointed in Yahoo. Spent HOURS cleaning up the mess after their poor security allowed my account to be hacked. I am leaving Yahoo in favor of gmail. What a nuisance to me and all my contacts. Sigh.
- —Guest jb
- I don't like Hotmail. It used to be good, but people keep sending spam now. It keeps saying I got to put my mobile number to unblock. I am going to change.
- —Guest Poss
MyWay is all right
- I have been using myway.com for awhile, and in general it is all right, though there are occasionally issues. Actually that is rare. I used to have hotmail.com years ago but not the "upgrades", I liked the old format - plus they have this thing where they delete or inactivate your account if you don't sign in for awhile. I still have a Yahoo.com email account that I never use, and finally took a look and I also don't like the new format… then again, I didn't like the old formats ever since about 2000 or so. LOL. I have more than one Gmail account and they work all right, it's not perfect but it definitely has been reliable and filters out just about ALL the spam! And plenty of storage space. I just need a free email account that is separate from Gmail since I use it for one particular purpose. I tried Zoho and right away had problems with the contacts screen so that's out. Oh well, maybe I should just go with comcast.net or something? lol
- —Guest pstno