- I use both of these and now feel the time has come to find an alternative. Hotmail have ruined what was a really good service. Yahoo is credibly slow and has too many adverts and spam.
- —Guest Beth
Superhero Worked, Then I couldn't Log In
- I set up an account, and it worked wonderfully for about two days. After that I could not log in. As there is no phone number for support, I emailed and never received a response. DON'T DO IT!
- —Guest Lady
Tired of These Free Mail Providers
- I have been blocked from Hotmail account I had for 20 years, I am not able to send and or open mails in Yahoo. Privacy is not taken seriously. Where on Earth can I find a mail provider that won't try to screw me? I only want to send and receive e.mail and keep my privacy intact. I am really tired of all that crap. Have been using Zoho for now and reserving the right to see how it goes.
- —Guest Pattat
Inbox.com, GMX Not Secure; FastMail Good
- Am I the only one who didn't realize most email services are not SSL, not secure? Inbox.com does not use https, except to send your password. All inbox emails are insecure, and inbox client (OS X) keeps itself logged in, often not letting computer go to sleep. GMX defaults to not secure http protocol, but you can sometimes type https:// and it might work. FastMail defaults to secure SSL now (tho new interface isn't that great); I've used it for years and haven't appreciated it - I recommend FastMail.
- —Guest Guest islander
New Hotmail and Live.com
- Before new format the best after new format "IT SUCKS BIG TIME" You can not find old mail, it deletes things on it own. You can not tell if you sent or received a certain letter. The complete site is nothing more than a jumbled up mess. Good-bye Hotmail and Live.com
- —Guest Dan French
I LOVE Mail.com
- Hey, B-LUCK....I know what u r talking about, but its easy to fix (Outlook to Hotmail)… all u need 2 do is click on the little 'gear wheel' and click "switch back to hotmail' and Wa La… Ps; I don't like Ho[t]mail/Outlook/Gmail I LOVE mail.com :)
- —Guest ECT. MAIL
I Use GMX.com Sometimes
- I use GMX.com sometimes. They say on the front page, "We will never scan your emails for advertising purposes." I can't say it's the smoothest, fastest e-mail experience, and it does seem to have a bug with my home computer where I tab into the password part and the cursor just disappears and I have to mouse-click it back in order to enter the password. But I've found ways around it.
- —Guest Rob
- I have had Hotmail & Bigfoot email accounts for 21yrs, .... Bigfoot.com evidently forgot to tell anyone that there is (no free lunch) anymore because the only active links are those upgraded accounts paid for, and no more forwarded email to you! hummmmmm… Outlook.com… (highjacked) my hot mail account … moved all my mail...files...folders etc.... over to outlook.com mail with out even a mention....I tried it for 5 days and got fed up with the lack of simplicity and not very user friendly!, THE FOLLOWING IS A RESPONSE TO GUEST HENRY…so , now it was off to find my old digs @ hotmail.com, I'm not sure how, why, where, what I did but I screwed up and done something right, I got my Hotmail back and moved my stuff back!. HENRY , there is a way , just dig. There may be better email providers but I, I stick it out with good ol reliable "hot mail"! B.L
Let's try it out for a while
- Like most of you, I was not enchanted with the unannounced changes. But all I can say at this point is that all Yahoo mail lost was its toolbar elegance. After I reluctantly started exploring the inelegant toolbar, I found that everything is still there — the emoticons, the fonts, etc. Thus far, no other complaints except toolbar esthetics. I should be the first one to object to change. I am an 80-year-old non-tech internet user with hardened brain arteries. Let's try it out awhile. What I still can't determine is if Mail Plus should look different from Mail, or we just have to take Yahoo's word for it Mail Plus has the same safeguards and capacity as Mail, only much more of it. Do they really look that much alike?
- —Guest Benjamin
Gmail Is the Best
- Gmail provides the best facility and other things. It's very use friendly and very fast.
- —Guest Ameya Narvekar
Yahoo Works Best for Me
- Had Yahoo since 1996 approximately same account love it. Easy to use etc. etc. but wish the view could have stayed Yahoo Classic!
- —Guest HRH
Tired of Yahoo!. Hotmail — Same Thing.
- Well here we go again. Changing emails. Had Yahoo, but got so much spam that it is getting up to 250 spams a day. Someone stole my Yahoo Login ID picture and copied it all over 2 news articles on Yahoo home page. All I need is an email address, for secondary email for more distance social contacts. Tired of Yahoo - total mess, of news articles and Hollywood garbage. I don't want my email immersed in the Hollywood entertainment world. Have had Hotmail in the past — same thing. Way too much stuff. I just want a free email, don't need the news articles, how-to stuff. Again, got spammed so much on Hotmail that I started getting pornographic emails from someone. I have reported both of these things to the FBI IC3 web site, where you can report internet crimes. Pornography is criminal. Stealing an online ID is a crime. So I have closed the Hotmail, closed the Yahoo, and I don't want any other email that has too much stuff on the home page — stuff about Hollywood, strange news.
- At first, I loved it but now it is acting up. It is especially annoying when you are typing an email and it logs you out… apparently, it's a security feature. It causes you to lose everything you just typed if you don't go fast enough. Not to mention the stupid flashy ads. I really wished it was as functional as it looks because I love the user interface. I guess it will just become my junk email soon.
- —Guest ben
Email.biz Is Best
- I can open my Gmail and Yahoo mails in Email.biz along with corporate email ids. It works so perfectly.
- —Guest pallavi
- I was using Aol for years but half the time I would not get emails from my friends and they would tell me that Aol sent them the messages back that the service they used was blocked or on some kind of spam list and one of my friends contacted their email service provider and they told them they were not on any block lists. I am just tired of not getting any of my emails so I switched threw many different services until I got to superheromail.com I have been using it for about 3 weeks now so far I really, really love it. the inbox looks really cool I have had a few sending errors but contacted them and they did get them resolved of course you cant send to Aol but who cares I had over 400 contacts in my Aol book that were Aol members and I have recommend all of my contacts to superheromail.com I recommend seeing their FAQ and everything in the drop down menu to learn more. As for me, I love superheromail.com.
- —Guest colo