But what if you want to have them on your computer and in a format that is as simple (thus safe) as possible? Then you can download a plain text copy of any email in Yahoo! Mail Classic to a .txt file easily.
Save the Text of a Message to a File in Yahoo! Mail Classic
Note: Saving message text is no longer available in Yahoo! Mail Classic. You can try accessing the Yahoo! Mail account in a desktop email program and saving the text from there instead.
To save the text of a message to a file in Yahoo! Mail Classic:
- Open the message in Yahoo! Mail Classic.
- Scroll down to the bottom.
- Follow the Save Message Text link.
- Click Download Attachment.
- Save the file download to a convenient location and under a convenient name on your disk.