Fortunately, Yahoo! Mail provides a smart way to look at any mail folder from different angles. You can view only unread messages, only mail from people in your Yahoo! Address Book or only messages that you have flagged.
See Only Important Mail in a Yahoo! Mail Folder
Note that viewing only certain kinds of mail is currently not available in Yahoo! Mail. You can sort by unread and flagged status using the column headers.
To view only important mail in a Yahoo! Mail folder:
- Open the desired folder.
- Click Connections under View From: to see only mail from people with whom you are connected in Yahoo!.
- Click Contacts under View From: to see only mail from people in your Yahoo! Mail address book.
- If you see neither of these links, select View | Show Quick Filter Bar from the folder toolbar.
To return to seeing all mail:
- Click All under View From:.
See Only Important Mail in a Yahoo! Mail Classic Folder
To focus on important mail in Yahoo! Mail Classic:
- Select one of the following under View: at the message list's top:
- From Connections: mail from people connected to you in Yahoo!.
- Unread: mail whose status is unread.
- Flagged. mail you have flagged previously.
To return to the full view of the folder, select All from the same View: menu. If you sign in to your Yahoo! Mail Classic account, all folders are also set to show all emails.
(Updated May 2012)