Yahoo! Mail lets you wear all these hats. Whether you forward your mail to Yahoo! Mail from your other accounts, want to set up Yahoo! Mail to retrieve it using POP or just want to use an email address other than your Yahoo! Mail address in the From: line when sending mail: you can set up Yahoo! Mail to let you send mail from any of your addresses.
Send Mail From All Your Accounts and Addresses in Yahoo! Mail
To add an account from which to send mail from Yahoo! Mail:
- In Yahoo! Mail:
- Select Options | Mail Options....
- Go to the Accounts category.
- Follow the Add or edit an account link.
- In Yahoo! Mail Classic:
- Follow the Options link.
- Choose Mail Addresses under Management.
- Click Add.
- Enter a name that helps you recognize the account.
- If you're short of descriptive names, try the account's email address.
- Click Continue (the button is in the lower left corner).
- Enter your name under Name:.
- This is what will appear in the From: line when you send mail and need not be your real name. You can use the role you're playing when using that account, for example, or your name and role.
- Enter the non-Yahoo! Mail account's full email address under Email:.
- Click Continue.
- If you want to retrieve mail (using POP) from the account into your Yahoo! Mail Inbox:
- Enter the account's POP server the way you would in a desktop email program under Mail Server:.
- Type the account's user name under Username:.
- Enter the password for retrieving mail from the account under Password.
- Pick a color that helps you recognize messages arriving from the account.
- Click Setup Mail Server.
- If you only want to send mail from the account (also if you already automatically forward mail from the account to your Yahoo! Mail address):
- Click Skip this Step.
- Now click Send Verification.
- Open the "Yahoo! Email Address Confirmation" message received at the address you've just added.
- Highlight and copy the Confirmation Code in it.
- Go back to Yahoo! Mail.
- Paste the verification code under Confirmation Code:.
- Click Verify Account.
Now, to send a message from the account:
- Start a new message in Yahoo! Mail.
- Select the desired account from the From: drop-down menu.