What's not so great, of course, is that the street names and email addresses are also unchanged in the Yahoo! Mail address book — unchanged and outdated. Or are they?
With your Yahoo! connections, Yahoo! Mail can automatically pick up any updates they make to their contact information. New phone numbers and email addresses will automatically appear in your Yahoo! Mail address book, and you can opt to share your data with them as well.
Share Always Up-to-Date Contact Info with Select Yahoo! Mail Contacts
To have Yahoo! Mail push changes to your contact information to people in your Yahoo! Mail connections automatically:
- Go to Contacts in Yahoo! Mail.
- Follow the » Share my info link.
- Click Start Sharing to accept the default sharing options.
- To share only certain information or update your contact data before sharing:
- Click Edit.
- Pick the desired level of sharing (Share with everyone, Share with connections or Share with no one) for all desired contact information fields.
- Click Save.
- Click OK.
You can always change both your contact details and your sharing options via your Yahoo! account info.