Somebody like the OtherInbox team, who will organize your Yahoo! Mail Inbox without your ever lifting a finger — except to set it up.
Have OtherInbox Organize Your Yahoo! Mail Messages Automatically
To let OtherInbox's Automatic Organizer sort incoming mail for you in Yahoo! Mail:
- Make sure the Automatic Organizer application is enabled in Yahoo! Mail.
- Click Automatic Organizer in the APPLICATIONS list (beneath your Yahoo! Mail's folder list).
- Click APPLICATIONS if the list is collapsed.
- Now click Sign Up for Organizer.
- If prompted, sign in to your Yahoo! Mail account.
- Click Agree.
OtherInbox will now scan your Yahoo! Mail Inbox every few minutes to analyze an organize. Notification from social networking sites will be moved to a dedicated folder (named "OIB Social Networking"), for example, as will emails from a mailing list, newsletters and transactional messages from shopping and auction sites.
To prevent a certain sender's messages from being filtered:
- Click Automatic Organizer beneath the Yahoo! Mail folder list under APPLICATIONS.
- If you cannot see the list under APPLICATIONS but only its title, click APPLICATIONS to expand the list.
- Select Senders.
- Make sure the senders you want not filtered are not checked in the Organize column.
Add the "Automatic Organizer" Application to Yahoo! Mail
To enable OtherInbox's Automatic Organizer app in Yahoo! Mail:
- Click the Add or remove apps gear next to APPLICATIONS beneath your Yahoo! Mail folder list.
- Click + Add under Automatic Organizer.
- Click I Agree.
(Updated May 2013)