Of course you can.
Forward Yahoo! Mail to Another Email Address
After you have signed up:
- Click the gear icon near your Yahoo! Mail top right corner or hover the mouse cursor over it.
- Select Settings from the menu that shows.
- Go to the Accounts category.
- Click Edit next to the email address you want to forward under Yahoo account.
- Make sure Forward is selected under Access your Yahoo Mail elsewhere.
- Enter the email address where you want to receive all your Yahoo! Mail messages over Forwarding Address.
- Store and forward to forward a copy of each message and receive it at the original Yahoo! Mail address as well.
- Forward only to have Yahoo! Mail forward newly incoming messages without keeping a copy in the original account (they will not show up in the Trash folder either).
- Store and forward and mark as read to receive a copy forwarded to the email address you entered and have Yahoo! Mail retain a copy, but marking that copy read. (Note that forwarded messages may still appear unread in your Yahoo! Mail inbox in spite of this setting.)
- Click Save.
- If you have entered an email address not yet verified as accessible to you with Yahoo! Mail:
- Click OK.
- Check the email address to which you have Yahoo! Mail forward messages for a message from Yahoo! Member Services <firstname.lastname@example.org> with the subject Verify This Email Address.
- In that email, click Verify "[email address]".
- Click Save.
Accessing Yahoo! Mail in Your Email Program
Maybe you want to go a more direct route and add Yahoo! Mail as a separate account to your email program? That's no problem either.
(Updated November 2013)