Of course you can, says Yahoo!, if you sign up for Yahoo! Mail Plus.
Forward Yahoo! Mail to Another Email Address
After you have signed up:
- Select Options | Mail Options from the Yahoo! Mail navigation bar.
- Open the POP & Forwarding category under Advanced Options.
- Click Set up or edit POP & Forwarding.
- Make sure Forwarding is selected.
- Enter the email address where you want to receive all your Yahoo! Mail messages.
- Eventually click Save to put your new settings into effect.
Accessing Yahoo! Mail in Your Email Program
Maybe you want to go a more direct route and add Yahoo! Mail as a separate account to your email program? That's no problem either.
You can either access a Yahoo! Mail Plus account directly using POP or employ a (free) tool like YPOPs! to do the same with a free Yahoo! Mail account.
(Updated May 2012)