In Yahoo! Mail, it's not only easy to manage your contacts, it's also easy to export them to a format that enjoys almost universal popularity and compatibility: CSV. Importing email addresses from CSV files in Outlook, Outlook Express or Gmail, for example, may not always work perfectly, but usually it does, and you get to retain all your email addresses.
Export Your Yahoo! Mail Address Book
Now, to export your Yahoo! Mail address book to a CSV file:
- In Yahoo! Mail:
- Select Options | Mail Options from the Yahoo! Mail menu.
- Go to the Contact Options category.
- In Yahoo! Mail Classic:
- Go to Options.
- Go to the Address Book category.
- Select Import/Export under Management.
- Look for Yahoo! CSV under Export and click Export Now.
- Click Save when prompted what to do with the file download.
- Choose the location where you want to save the Yahoo.csv copy of your Yahoo! Mail address book.