The email clients and services we use change, but the people we communicate with remain mostly the same. That's why it is so important that you can take your address book with you.
In Yahoo! Mail, it's not only easy to manage your contacts, it's also easy to export them to a format that enjoys almost universal popularity and compatibility: CSV. Importing email addresses from CSV files in Outlook, Outlook Express or Gmail, for example, may not always work perfectly, but usually it does, and you get to retain all your email addresses.
Export Your Yahoo! Mail Address Book
Now, to export your Yahoo! Mail address book to a CSV file:
- Make sure you are using the full version of Yahoo! Mail.
- Select Contacts in your Yahoo! Mails left navigation bar.
- Make sure All Contacts is selected in the list of contact lists.
- Click Actions.
- Select Export… from the menu that has appeared.
- Choose the desired format.
- Pick Yahoo! CSV for a generic .csv file.
- Click Export Now.
- Enter the CAPTCHA's code under Type the code below.
- Click Export Now again.
- Close the Export contacts sheet.
Yahoo! Mail will save your contacts to the "yahoo_ab.csv" file.
(Updated November 2013)