Yahoo! Mail can block all mail from up to 500 email addresses. All mail from these senders will be automatically deleted before you see it.
Do not let the high number of potential addresses to block lure you into fighting spam with this, though. Spammers can use a fresh address (or domain) for just about every message.
Use the list of blocked senders for individual senders whose messages you don't want to receive but can't stop easily. Instead of deleting every incoming mail manually, you can have Yahoo! Mail do the job.
Block a Sender in Yahoo! Mail
To have Yahoo! Mail delete all mail from a particular address automatically:
- Hover the mouse cursor over the settings gear in Yahoo! Mail or click that gear.
- Select Mail Options from the pull-down menu that has appeared.
- Open the Blocked Addresses category under Advanced Options.
- Type the unwanted email address under Add an address:.
- Click +.
Your updated list of blocked senders will be saved automatically.
Block a Sender in Yahoo! Mail Classic
To add an email address to the list of blocked senders in Yahoo! Mail Classic:
- Make sure Mail Options is selected in the top Yahoo! Mail Classic navigation bar.
- Click Go.
- Open the Spam category.
- Enter the email address you want to be blocked under Add a blocked address: (in the Blocked Email Addresses: section).
- Click Add.
(Updated March 2013)