Under "fancy", the thesaurus list "exorbitant", which means as much as "out of the bounds of reason", right?
Who, then, would want to use fancy—unreasonable—HTML for reading and sending emails with Yahoo! Mail? Not you, especially not if a more sensible, simple option is available?
Yahoo! Mail will engage its basic mode automatically when it recognizes a slow connection or a browser it does not know to handle the fully featured interface; you can also switch to basic HTML for your Yahoo! Mail manually, though.
Switch to Yahoo! Mail Basic (Simple HTML Similar to Yahoo! Mail Classic)
To open your Yahoo! Mail account in a basic mode that employs only simple HTML and may work more robustly in you browser:
- Click the settings gear icon near your Yahoo! Mail's top right corner (or hover the mouse cursor over it).
- Select Settings from the menu that appears.
- Go to the Viewing email category.
- Make sure Basic is selected under Mail version.
- Click Save.
Switch to Full Yahoo! Mail from Yahoo! Mail Basic
To open Yahoo! Mail using the full interface from Yahoo! Mail basic:
- Follow the Switch to the newest Yahoo! Mail link.
(Updated October 2013)