Right? (As long as we're not in a fashion boutique, of course.)
What about all the other email programs, though? Here's an option for these.
Access Free Windows Live Hotmail via POP with FreePOPs
To access a free Windows Live Hotmail account in an email program using FreePOPs and POP:
If your email program is not listed above, try these generic settings:
- Make sure FreePOPs (Windows) or MacFreePOPs (Mac) is installed and running.
- Create a new account in your email program using these settings:
- POP server: 127.0.0.1
- POP port: 2000
- Require SSL: No
- User name: your full Windows Live Hotmail or MSN Hotmail email address
- Make sure you include the "@hotmail.com" part.
- By changing the user name, you can specify the Windows Live Hotmail folder to check.
- SMTP settings: copy from your ISP's email account. FreePOPs does not offer outgoing mail support.
- If you have no working SMTP server, you can use a Gmail account, for example.