Combine words and images in your Windows Live Hotmail signature and you get the effect with every email you send. When you do insert your company logo or something funny (or, of course, your funny logo), make sure the signature does not grow too large.
Add an Image to Your Windows Live Hotmail Email Signature
To insert a picture or graphic into your Windows Live Hotmail signature:
- Select Options | More Options… from the Windows Live Hotmail toolbar.
- Click Message font and signature under Writing email.
- Open either a web page containing the image or the image itself (using its URL) in a separate browser window.
- You can only insert graphics that reside on a publicly accessible web server. Images only stored on your computer, alas, do not work.
- If you don't have a web site, turn to a free image hosting service instead.
- If your image is larger than some 200x100 pixels, consider shrinking it before you put it online.
- Highlight the image — just the image — with your mouse.
- If you have opened just the graphic, you can press Ctrl-A (Windows and Linux) or Command-A to select it.
- Press Ctrl-C (Windows, Linux) or Command-C (Mac).
- Back at Windows Live Hotmail's signature editor, position the cursor where you want to insert the image under Personal signature.
- Press Ctrl-V (Windows, Linux) or Command-V (Mac).
- If you use an image uploaded to a free image hosting service:
- Click on the image.
- Link the image to the image's page address at the free image hosting service (something like "http://img.imageshack.us/my.php?image=example.jpg" if you use ImageShack, for example).
- Click Save.
(Updated July 2011)