Wouldn't it be nice if you could consolidate a bit, and turn three Windows Live Hotmail accounts into one, for example? Or read mail from your Windows Live Hotmail Plus account where you read all other personal mail?
You can have Windows Live Hotmail redirect all incoming mail from one account to another, or to any email address if you use Windows Live Hotmail Plus. (For forwarding from a free account to any address, you can try tools like Mail Forward for Windows or Mac. You can also access free Windows Live Hotmail accounts using utilities like FreePOPs.)
Forward Windows Live Hotmail Email to Another Hotmail or Email Account
To have Windows Live Hotmail forward all incoming mail to another email address (Windows Live Hotmail Plus) or Windows Live Hotmail account:
- Select Options | More options… from the toolbar in Windows Live Hotmail.
- Click Email forwarding under Managing your account.
- Make sure Forward your mail to another email account is selected.
- Type the email address to which you want Windows Live Hotmail to forward incoming mail in the text field below Where do you want your messages to be sent?.
- Optionally, make sure Keep a copy of forwarded messages in your Hotmail inbox. is checked; otherwise, no record will be kept in Windows Live Hotmail of forwarded emails.
- Click Save.
- Open the "Verify your e-mail address" you got at the target email address.
- You may not have to verify your address if you forward to another Windows Live Hotmail account.
- Follow the verification link.
- Type the characters from the CAPTCHA image under Characters:.
- Click Continue.
Keep in mind that you still have to log in to your Windows Live Hotmail account on the web site from time to time to avoid it being marked as inactive and, eventually deleted.
(Updated February 2012)