Fortunately, FreePOPs can fetch not only from the Inbox but from any Windows Live Hotmail folder. Each instance retrieves mail from but one folder, though, so you may have to set up multiple FreePOPs/Windows Live Hotmail accounts in your email program.
Download Mail from a Specific Windows Live Hotmail Folder Using FreePOPs
To fetch messages from any Windows Live Hotmail folder in your email program using FreePOPs:
- Make sure you have set up access to the Windows Live Hotmail account using FreePOPs in your email program.
- Modify the account's settings: add "?folder=[Folder name]" to the user name, replacing "[Folder name]" with the desired Windows Live Hotmail folder.
- If the user name field was "firstname.lastname@example.org" and you want to download mail from the "Friends" folder, for example, make the user name field read "email@example.com?folder=Friends".
- In folder names containing white-space characters, replace these with '+' signs; "My Friends", for example, becomes "My+Friends".
- If your user name already contains a FreePOPs parameter, append the "folder" parameter with a '&'sign: "firstname.lastname@example.org?markunread=1" becomes "email@example.com?markunread=1&folder=My+Friends", for example.
- Set up another Windows Live Hotmail-through-FreePOPs account to retrieve mail from the Inbox or another folder.