Now you want to write a friend, and the question is: "What?" It should be interesting and creative and witty just like the friend — so why not glance over one of their recent emails for inspiration?
How to Find a Contact's Mail Fast in Windows Live Hotmail
To view recent messages from a contact fast in Windows Live Hotmail:
- Go to Contact list.
- Click the desired contact's name (or email address).
- Find the five most recent emails from the sender under Recent e-mail.
To see all messages received from the contact's email addresses:
- Click More... beneath the list of recent emails.
To include messages you sent to the contact:
- Highlight the search term that appears in quotation marks above the results.
- If the information bar reads Results for "from:email@example.com OR from:firstname.lastname@example.org". Return to inbox., for example, highlight from:email@example.com OR from:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Press Ctrl-C (Windows, Linux) or Command-C (Mac).
- Click in the search field right below the info bar.
- Press Ctrl-V or Command-V.
- Add " OR to:" followed by the contact's email address to the search term.
- If the contact has multiple addresses, repeat this step for each address.
- If you pasted "from:email@example.com OR from:firstname.lastname@example.org" in the search field, for example, first add " OR to:email@example.com", then " OR to:firstname.lastname@example.org" (excluding the quotation mark in each case).
Finally, the search field reads "from:email@example.com OR from:firstname.lastname@example.org OR to:email@example.com OR to:firstname.lastname@example.org" in this example.
- Hit Enter.