Create Folders to Organize Your Messages in Windows Live Hotmail
To add a new folder in Windows Live Hotmail:
- Position the mouse over Folders in Windows Live Hotmail.
- Click the gear that appears to the right of Folders.
- Select Manage folders from the menu that appears.
- Click New.
- Enter the desired name under Folder name:.
- To make the new folder a sub-folder of an existing one, make sure the desired parent folder is selected under Create in:.
- To create the new folder at the top level, make sure <Make it a top-level folder> is chosen under Create in:.
- Click Save.
Of course, folders thus created are easy to get rid of when you no longer need them.
(Updated July 2011)