That being said, you can block mail by an annoying person who forwards every joke and virus warning, for example. In Windows Live Hotmail, this is easy, too.
Block an Email Address in Windows Live Hotmail
To add a sender to your Windows Live Hotmail blocked senders list, sweep the current folder with a message from the sender if you have one, or:
- Select Options | More options... from the Windows Live Hotmail toolbar.
- Follow the Safe and blocked senders link under Preventing junk email.
- Now click Blocked senders.
- Type the undesired email address under Blocked email address or domain:.
- You can block all addresses at a domain — the domain being what comes after the '@' sign in an email address — by entering just that.
- Click Add to list >>.
Unblocking a sender blocked by mistake is just as easy.
(Updated July 2011)