Fortunately, it's easy to set up a Yahoo! Mail Plus account in Windows Live Hotmail. New messages will arrive in your default Inbox or even a dedicated folder automatically, and you can shuffle other site's tabs...
Access Yahoo! Mail in Windows Live Hotmail
To have Windows Live Hotmail download mail from a Yahoo! Mail Plus account:
- Make sure you are signed up for Yahoo! Mail Plus.
- Choose Options | More Options in your Windows Live Hotmail Inbox.
- Click Send and receive mail from other e-mail accounts link under Manage your account.
- Follow the Add an e-mail account link under You can receive mail from these accounts.
- Type your Yahoo! Mail address under E-mail address:.
- Enter your Yahoo! Mail password under Password:.
- Click Next.
- Choose where you want new Yahoo! Mail messages to arrive under When mail is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, where do you want it to go?.
- Pick a color for new Yahoo! Mail messages under How would you like unread messages for email@example.com to appear?.
- Click Save.
Windows Live Hotmail will also set up your Yahoo! Mail address for sending automatically.
Note that, as an alternative to POP access, you can also have Yahoo! Mail forward new messages to your Windows Live Hotmail address.