The Bottom Line
Free YouSendIt accounts offer enough bandwidth only for occasional file sending, however.
- YouSendIt lets you send files up to 100 MB (Lite, free) or 2 GB (Pro)
- Extremely easy to use via the web, YouSendIt also offers desktop applications or plug-ins
- YouSendIt can track downloads, protect them with passwords, and offers interface branding
- YouSendIt cannot deliver files exceeding 2 GB, and 100 MB is not much for free delivery
- You cannot copy yourself on mail sent with YouSendIt easily
- YouSendIt has a monthly download limit of 1 GB for free accounts
- YouSendIt lets you send files up to 100 MB (for free) or 2 GB (paid accounts) via email.
- The uploaded documents are stored at YouSendIt for 7 (free) or 14 days (paid accounts), read for download.
- Email recipients get a message containing a unique link to the file.
- YouSendIt scans sent files for known viruses and, for paid accounts, can track delivery and downloads.
- File transfer can happen over secure TLS/SSL connections with YouSendIt.
- A personal address book lets you remember people who often receive large files.
- Paid YouSendIt accounts allow downloads to be protected with a password (also available for individual deliveries).
- YouSendIt offers desktop applications for Windows and Mac OS X and plugs into Outlook as well as several image editors.
- The YouSendIt Outlook add-on and Windows desktop application can resume interrupted uploads.
Guide Review - YouSendIt - Free Large File Sending Service
All you have to do is visit YouSendIt, compose your message, specify the big file — up to 100 MB in size for free accounts and 2 GB for paid ones — to be delivered and click "Send It". Sending large files is as easy as that with YouSendIt, and the recipient will get an email containing a link to a page from which the file can be downloaded.
Desktop applications for Windows and Mac OS X make the uploading even easier and faster, and you can resume interrupted uploads, too. YouSendIt also plugs into Outlook and a number of image editors.
With paid YouSendIt accounts, you can track how often each file has been downloaded. Certified delivery and password protection are further options, and business accounts can set up their own branded file uploading service with YouSendIt technology.
It's a pity YouSendIt file sending and downloading limits are a tad low for free accounts. You can always pay as you go for larger files or password protection, though.