The Bottom Line
- Delete Duplicates finds duplicates in Outlook Express and Windows Mail precisely and fast
- You can have Delete Duplicates compare emails across folders and according to various criteria
- Delete Duplicates can filter results to take action only to certain messages
- Delete Duplicates could offer more actions to take and even more filter criteria
- Delete Duplicates can appear a tad intimidating and difficult
- Delete Duplicates for Outlook Express & Windows Mail locates and deletes duplicate messages.
- You can have Delete Duplicates search across folders and remove duplicates or mark them read.
- Delete Duplicates compares message content (even including attachments) or, more quickly, message IDs.
- You can include only certain messages in search results by applying sender, subject, date and size rules.
- Delete Duplicates can scan for duplicates automatically on a schedule.
- Statistics of keywords in certain header areas help you identify the cause of duplicates (a certain sender, for example).
- Delete Duplicates supports Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista.
Guide Review - Delete Duplicates for Outlook Express and Windows Mail 3.4 - Windows Mail Add-OnOh, those twins, triplets and octets; they're everywhere!
You may find the same message in two folders from time to time and wonder if there are any more of its kind, or maybe Windows Mail has imported the same mail twice. Either way, you think one copy of each message is enough.
Delete Duplicates for Outlook Express & Windows Mail helps you find and get rid of message dupes. Myriad options let you choose what to compare, how and where — and maybe confuse you a bit, too.
Do not fret, though: sticking to Standard message comparison and matching All Messages, possibly using a Cross-mailbox scan should return a useful result. You can peruse the more specific comparisons and filters to further restrict results after a dry run.
Speaking of dry runs: it would be nice for Delete Duplicates to offer more actions to take on found duplicates such immediate purging or moving them to a specific folder. Filters to exclude certain sender's mail or particular subjects would also be nice.
Delete Duplicates compares message across folders nicely. To keep just the right copy, you can set certain folders to take precedence. To help you identify the cause of duplicates, Delete Duplicates can count the occurrence of text in certain fields, say the "From:" line.
Altogether, Delete Duplicates for Outlook Express & Windows Mail is an efficient and capable eliminator for superfluous message copies with a few extra options.