Have You Typed the Same Phrase, Like, 10,000 Times?
I'm sure you, too, have these phrases (addresses, names,...) that you use very often in your emails, and most probably they're even longer and more difficult to type than my harmless example. Certainly today's computers must be able to help us with this repetitive typing.
Now, Pegasus Mail has this great feature that corrects common typos automatically. By adding your own "misspellings", you can use Pegasus Mail to expand short macros to your frequently used expressions automatically.
Insert Frequently Used Text Faster in Pegasus Mail
To insert frequently used text easier and faster with the help of Pegasus Mail:
- Select Tools | Options from the menu in Pegasus Mail.
- Go to the User interface | Automatic formatting category.
- Make sure Enable autoreplacement of common typos and abbreviations is selected.
- Click Add.
- Type the text you want to expand automatically under When this is typed:
- Make sure this is not something that would occur in normal text. I like to append '#' to my macros. I have a macro whose to-expand text is "ta#"; it's unlikely I would ever want to use this in text and not have it expanded.
- Type what you want the text to expand to (your frequently used expression) under Replace it with this:.
- In my example, the full text is "thanks a lot, and all the best,".
- Click OK.
- Click OK again.
Whenever you type the macro text in an email, Pegasus Mail will automatically replace it with the full phrase. If I type "ta#", for example, Pegasus Mail will expand this to "thanks a lot, and all the best,".