You want a simple solution that works. You want to specify in advance who is allowed to email you, and all the rest is simply trashed. Your wish is Outlook's command.
(Of course, it can be prudent to check the Junk E-mail folder for good mail from time to time. One of your contacts may have a new email address.)
Make Outlook Accept Only Mail from Your Contacts and Safe Senders
- Select Actions | Junk E-Mail | Junk E-Mail Options... from the menu while in your Outlook Inbox.
- Go to the Options tab.
- Make sure Safe Lists Only: Only mail from people or domains on your Safe Senders List or Safe Recipients List will be delivered to your Inbox. is selected under Choose the level of junk e-mail protection you want:.
- To make sure all your Outlook contacts are automatically allowed:
- Go to the Safe Senders tab.
- Make sure Also trust e-mail from my Contacts is checked.
- Click OK.
In addition to treating all your contacts as safe senders, you can add individual senders or domains to your safe list, of course.