This list, which you can really edit only with a dedicated tool, is , as it were, stored in a separate file (called NK2 file). If you want to take the auto-complete list with you to a new computer or want to make sure it is backed up regularly, you have to dig it up from within Windows' profile directories.
Back up or Copy Your Outlook Auto-Complete List
To transfer your Outlook address auto-complete list or create a backup copy:
- Close Outlook.
- Type "%appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook" (not including the quotation marks).
- Click with the right mouse button on the Outlook.nk2 file.
- The file can also be named after your Outlook profile, e.g. Ina Cognita.nk2. Make sure the extension is nk2.
- Select Copy from the menu.
- Go to folder or medium where you want to keep the backup copy, or open the "%appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook" folder on the destination computer directly.
- Make sure the copied NK2 file replaces the original default NK2 file. Either rename to match the profile name or overwrite at pasting.