By default, this name is somewhat descriptive, and usually it is unique. It is also cumbersome, and the name of the email server is usually pretty long, too. Fortunately, it is a short way to a more friendly account name for any email account in Outlook.
Give Your Outlook Accounts Friendly Names
To assign nice and memorable names to your Outlook email accounts:
- Select Tools | E-Mail Accounts... from the menu in Outlook.
- In Outlook 2003:
- Make sure View or change existing e-mail accounts.
- Click Next >.
- Highlight the desired account with its old name.
- Click Change....
- Now click More Settings ....
- Go to the General tab.
- Under Mail Account, enter the name you want the account to go by.
- Click OK.
- Now click Next >.
- Click Finish.
- In Outlook 2007, click Close.