But what if you have multiple folders that share certain characteristics demanding a particular, custom view? And what, more importantly, if you want to modify this view? Will the update be applied to all folders automatically? Yes.
Maintain a Custom Folder View for a Number of Outlook Folders
To keep a custom folder view for multiple Outlook folders:
- Select View | Current View | Define Views... from the menu.
- In Outlook 2003, select View | Arrange By | Current View | Define Views... from the menu.
- Create a new custom view with your desired characteristics using either the New... or the Copy... button.
- Make sure your view can be used on All Mail and Post folders.
- Click Close.
- For each of the folders you want to use the new view:
- Highlight the folder.
- Select View | Arrange By | Current View and your view's name from the menu.
If you change your view's settings via View | Arrange By | Current View | Define Views... from the menu, all folders with the view applied will be updated automatically.