If you move messages to folders often, Outlook can help you do that in particularly fast a manner — with a single click.
File Messages with One Click in Outlook
To set up marking a message read and moving it to a folder with one click in Outlook:
- Go to the Home tab in the main Outlook window's ribbon.
- Click Create New under Quick Steps.
- Select Move to folder under Choose an Action.
- Pick the desired folder under Choose folder.
- Click Add Action.
- Select Mark as read under Choose an Action.
- Optionally, pick a keyboard shortcut under Shortcut key:.
- Click Finish.
Now, to file a message quickly:
- Open or highlight the message, messages, conversation or conversations you want to file.
- Go to the Home tab in the ribbon.
- Click the action you set up before under Quick Steps.