Email provides a Reply-To: field that tells recipients (and their email programs) where to direct responses. If you want to have your messages come from one address but prefer replies to go to another (at least most of the time), Outlook handles the Reply-To: field for you — after you've changed one simple account setting.
Have Replies to Your Emails Go to a Different Address in Outlook
To have replies to emails you send from an Outlook email account go to an address different from the one you use to send (and which appears in the From: line):
- In Outlook 2010:
- Click File in Outlook.
- Go to the Info category.
- Select Account Settings | Account Settings… under, yes, Account Settings.
- In Outlook 2007:
- Select Tools | Account Settings… from the menu in Outlook.
- Go to the E-mail tab.
- Highlight the desired email account.
- Click Change….
- Now click More Settings ….
- Enter the address where you'd like to receive replies under Other User Information for Reply E-mail.
- Click OK.
- Click Next >.
- Now click Finish.
- Click Close.
You can also change the Reply-To: address for any individual email you're sending, of course.