Outlook Slow and Unwieldy?Has handling email in Outlook become slow and unwieldy, or is your hard disk shrinking and you suspect the ten thousand emails with their twenty thousand attachments might be involved?
But which folder is to be blamed, where do the big emails hide? Fortunately, Outlook comes with a small tool that lets you find out exactly how much space each folder occupies.
Check Your Outlook Folders' Sizes
To see the size of your folders in Outlook:
- Click on the root of the account or PST file you want to examine with the right mouse button.
- Select Data File Properties… from the menu.
- Click Folder Size….
To see the size of your Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007 folders:
- Select Tools | Mailbox Cleanup… from the menu.
- Click View Mailbox Size….
- Click Close (two times) to close the mailbox size view again.
It's a pity the Folder Size view does not allow you to sort the folder list by size.