In Outlook, marking important text with a yellow — or green or blue or red, for example — background is easy, too.
Highlight Text with a Marker Pen Background Color in Outlook 2007/2010
To use a highlighter on important text in Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010:
- Select the text you want to highlight with the mouse.
- Move the mouse to the formatting toolbar that appears next to the selected text.
- You can also open the Message (or the Format Text) tab in the ribbon.
- Use the Text Highlight Color button (which depicts text highlighted with a yellow background color) to turn on highlighting and choose a color.
Highlight Text with a Marker Pen Background Color in Outlook 2003
To apply a highlighter to select text in Outlook 2003:
- Make sure you use Word as your email editor.
- Make sure the formatting toolbar is visible.
- Select View | Toolbars | Formatting from the menu if you cannot see it.
- Use the Highlight button (which depicts text highlighted in orange) to turn on highlighting and pick a background color.