Find Out Where Outlook Stores Your Mail, Calendar and Other Data
To identify the folder where Outlook 2003 and later store your email messages and other data:
- Select File | Data File Management... from the menu in Outlook.
- Highlight your main data file (typically named Personal Folders).
- Click Open Folder....
To identify the folder where Outlook 2002 and earlier store your data:
- Click with the right mouse button on Outlook Today either in the Outlook bar or in the folder list.
- Select Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Select Advanced....
- Notice the path listed under Path:.
- Select the path excluding the file name (usually this will be "outlook.pst") with your mouse.
- Press Ctrl-C to copy the path.
- If, for example, the path listed under Path: is "C:\Documents and Settings\email.guide\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst", you'd select and copy "C:\Documents and Settings\email.guide\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\".
- Now select Run... from the Start menu.
- Press Ctrl-V to paste the path
- Hit Enter to open your Outlook data folder in Windows Explorer.