Change the New Mail Sound in Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail and Outlook Express
To use a custom sound when new mail comes in with Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail and Outlook Express:
- Select Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Make sure you are in Classic View.
- Double-click Sounds and Audio Devices.
- Go to the Sounds tab.
- Highlight New Mail Notification in the Program Events list.
- Select a sound from the Sounds list, or use the Browse button to find a sound not in the list.
- Click OK.
Disable the New Mail Sound
If you still cannot hear new mail announcements in Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail or Outlook Express or want no sound at all, you can disable or enable acoustic new mail notification.