Send and Receive, Options..., Message Rules and what not: they're all there; Accounts... has gone. It has not gone for good, though. The most likely reason for the menu item's disappearance is an innocent registry key — which you can change to bring the Accounts... menu item back, or to hide it in the first place to prevent changes.
Note: if you have a system administrator and are not sure they're not involved in the Accounts... menu item's disappearance, do talk to them. They may have a reason for restricting access.
Remove or Restore the "Tools | Accounts..." Menu Item in Outlook Express
To bring back the Accounts... item in Outlook Express's Tool menu or remove it:
- Make sure Outlook Express is not running.
- Press Windows-R.
- Type "regedit".
- Click OK.
- Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Outlook Express key.
- Locate the No modify accts value.
- If you cannot find No modify accts in the list, select Edit | New | DWORD Value from the menu, type "No modify accts" (not including the quotation marks) and press Enter.
- Double-click No modify accts.
- '1' (without quotation marks) to remove or
- '0' (excluding that quotation marks) to restore
- Start Outlook Express.