Take Your Friends With You From IncrediMail to Outlook Express
Friendship is a matter of shared experiences. Not all friendships are made that way, of course, but we always want to share our best moments with our best friends — either by having them join us or by telling them later, via email maybe.
Import Your IncrediMail Contacts Into the Outlook Express Address Book
To export the contacts from your IncrediMail address book to Outlook Express:
- Save your IncrediMail address book to a .csv file.
- It's usually best to save the "IncrediMail Exported Contacts (csv format).csv" file to your Desktop.
- Open Outlook Express.
- Select Tools | Address Book... from the menu.
- Now choose File | Import | Other Address Book... from the address book's menu.
- Highlight Text File (Comma Separated Values).
- Click Import.
- Now click Browse ....
- Highlight the "IncrediMail Exported Contacts (csv format).csv" file on your Desktop.
- Click Open.
- Now click Next >.
- Double-click the E-mail text field.
- Choose E-mail Address from the Select an address book field for the text field: E-Mail drop-down menu.
- Make sure Import this field is checked.
- Click OK.
- You can change other mappings from address book fields in IncrediMail to corresponding fields in Outlook Express as well.
- Click Finish.
- Now click OK and Close.
Transfer Messages from IncrediMail to Outlook Express
Of course, you'll also want to copy the important mail you have collected. While not as simple as copying the address book, moving mail from IncrediMail to Outlook Express is still pretty easy.