The Bottom Line
Send Personally is a no-nonsense add-in for Outlook that lets you send messages to groups so that each recipient gets a unique, personal copy and cannot see the other recipients easily and fast. Macros allow for some message personalization, but more options would be nice.
- Send Personally lets you send unique messages to members of Outlook groups in bulk
- A number of macros allow you to personalize the emails to some extent
- It's easy to exclude certain recipients from a list per mailing
- Send Personally could expand Outlook groups to offer more personalization options
- You cannot create conditional text with Send Personally Outlook Add-in
- Send Personally sends unique copies to recipients of Outlook group mails.
- You can put an Outlook group or individual recipients in the To: line for Send Personally to use.
- Send Personally creates a separate email for each recipient with only their address in the To: line.
- Using a few macros (for recipient email address and name), you can personalize the messages further.
- Send Personally lets you specify recipients to exclude from the mailing, also in the To: line.
- Send Personally supports Windows 95/NT/2000/XP/2003/XP/Vista/7/8 and Outlook 2000/2/3/7/10/13.
Guide Review - Send Personally 1.18 - Outlook Bulk Email Add-On
Outlook makes it reasonably easy and workable to set up groups (mailing lists) and distribute a message to such a group swiftly. Using Bcc:, you can make sure the individual group members do not see each other's email addresses.
What you cannot do, however, is send a unique and personal copy to each member — a copy that has precisely and only the recipient's email address in the To: field. To do that, you'd have to create a separate email for everybody and then copy the text. Or you use the Send Personally Outlook add-in.
Using Send Personally, you put the group in the To: field, compose the message and click the "Send Personally" button. Send Personally does the rest. Using a few macros (the recipient's email address and name as well as the distribution list used) that you can insert in your email body text, Send Personally can even personalize the message for individual recipients to some extent.
Of course, it would be nice if Send Personally could expand the selection of variables, possibly expanding Outlook's address book groups. Since Send Personally creates a message for each recipient, delivering the emails may take some time and you may want to remove some of the copies from your "Sent Items" folder.
Grosso modo, Send Personally is a simple, straight forward and very helpful plug-in.