The Bottom Line
- Bells and Whistles for Outlook includes many small but nifty tricks that better life with Outlook
- You can automatically Bcc: every message and insert short text snippets with Bells and Whistles
- Bells and Whistles for Outlook offers some mail merging, too
- Bells and Whistles for Outlook mail merging does not offer variables
- Filters for Bells and Whistles for Outlook's automatic Bcc: feature would be nice
- Bells and Whistles for Outlook is a suite of Outlook productivity add-ons.
- Bells and Whistles inserts greetings, Bcc and sets other options, tailored to groups of recipients.
- You can set up text snippets easily inserted by shortcut or from a Bells and Whistles toolbar.
- Bells and Whistles lets you add notes to messages and makes it easy to send emails again.
- Replies can be numbered and tagged with a tracking ID, time and date stamps can be inserted, too.
- Bells & Whistles for Outlook puts people you reply to in any Outlook Contacts folder automatically.
- Get warned about missing attachments, blank subjects or missing recipients by Bells and Whistles.
- Bells and Whistles for Outlook lets you edit the list of attachments blocked by Outlook easily.
- Bells and Whistles for Outlook supports Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/3/XP and Outlook 2000/2/3.
Guide Review - Bells and Whistles for Outlook 3.0
Bells and Whistles for Outlook is a suit of usability enhancements for Outlook that will make your life with Outlook more efficient in many subtle ways.
You can insert automatic greetings, for example, that usually get it right and can be set separately — together with a host of other message options — for recipient groups defined by email address patterns. Text templates that are easily inserted in new emails with keyboard shortcuts and from a toolbar further ease writing and replying.
You can make Bells and Whistles for Outlook add all people you reply to in an Outlook address book and add free-form annotations to emails. Bells and Whistles for Outlook also includes a simple mail merging feature that can be very helpful with small mailing lists: every recipient you put in the Bcc: list can get their own copy of the message.
Unfortunately, Bells and Whistles for Outlook does not provide variables or further flexibility when mail merging.