The Bottom Line
You can schedule automatic backups flexibly and restore your data easily on any computer, but restoring individual messages is not so simple in Backup E-mail.
- Backup E-mail completely backs up emails, addresses, filters and more from most email programs
- Backups in Backup E-mail can be scheduled flexibly
- Backup copies created by Backup E-mail are compressed and can be password-protected
- Backup E-mail uses a proprietary protocol for its backups
- You cannot easily browse backups and only restore individual emails
- Backup E-mail does not offer command line control, scheduled backups use their own scheduler
- Backup E-mail backs up and restores email client data.
- Supports Outlook, Outlook Express, Pegasus, IncrediMail, PocoMail, Eudora, The Bat, Netscape, Opera.
- In addition to emails, Backup E-mail copies settings, addresses, filters and signatures.
- Backup E-mail backups can be scheduled flexibly.
- The backup files created by Backup E-mail are compressed and can be protected with a password.
- Backup E-mail restores directly to the email client or to a custom directory for manual import.
- Backup E-mail supports Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/3/XP/Vista.
Guide Review - Backup E-mail 1.7 - Email Backup Tool
What usually takes hours if not days is accomplished in a minute or so if you use Backup E-mail. Using either a wizard mode or an equally easy to master tabbed interface, Backup E-mail backs up the messages, contacts, filters, signatures, blocked senders and settings of the most widely used email programs (Backup E-mail currently supports Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, IncrediMail, Pegasus Mail, PocoMail, The Bat!, Netscape and Opera).
Restoring the data either on a new computer or after an emergency destroyed the original copies is just as easy. You cannot browse the backup data and restore only certain messages, though. For perfect protection, Backup E-mail allows you to set up scheduled backups in an intelligent manner, and the backup copies are not only compressed, they can also be password-protected by Backup E-mail.
Since Backup E-mail uses a proprietary format in its backups, you'd better make sure a copy is available for restoration.