Why start typing at all, then, when you can bookmark. The page that lets you compose a new message in Myspace Mail can be saved as browser favorites just like any other — and you can include your most oft-mailed contacts' email addresses in the bookmarks, too.
Bookmark Mailing Somebody's Email Address in Myspace Mail
To create a browser shortcut for messaging somebody in Myspace Mail:
- Open a message from the desired recipient.
- Click the sender's email address.
- Bookmark the compose page that comes up, the desired addressee already filled in.
Of course, you can also construct the appropriate page to bookmark manually:
- Open http://www.myspace.com/my/mail/new?t= in your browser.
- Go to the address bar and put the cursor at the address's very end.
- Append the desired email address to the URL.
- Replace the '@' sign with '%40'.
- The full URL to mail "firstname.lastname@example.org" would be http://www.myspace.com/my/mail/new?t=me%40example.com, for instance.
- Hit Enter.
- Bookmark the Myspace Mail composition page that comes up.
Bookmark Messaging Myspace Friends and Members in Myspace Mail
To bookmark sending a message to a Myspace member in Myspace Mail:
- Go to the desired recipient's Myspace profile.
- Follow the Send Message link.
- Bookmark the Myspace Mail composition page that appears.