You know that, and you know you shouldn't share all the email addresses when you mail people as a group. Of course, you also know how to mail the group while keeping all the recipients' names and addresses private in Mozilla Thunderbird.
Create an Address Book Entry for "Undisclosed recipients"
To make mailing "undisclosed recipients" easier, let's first set up a special address book entry for that purpose:
- Select Tools | Address Book (or Window | Address Book) from the menu in Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Click New Card.
- Type "Undisclosed" under First:.
- Enter "recipients" under Last:.
- Now type your own email address under Email:.
- Click OK.
Send an Email to Undisclosed Recipients in Mozilla Thunderbird
To compose and send a message to undisclosed recipients in Mozilla Thunderbird:
- Begin with a new message.
- Click Contacts in the message's toolbar.
- Highlight "Undisclosed recipients".
- Click Add to To:.
- Highlight all other desired recipients in the Contacts pane.
- Drag and drop them to the second address field.
- Click on that second address field's To:.
- Select Bcc: from the drop-down menu.
- Add additional recipients (not found in your address book) to the Bcc: field.
- Separate them from the existing contacts and from each other with commas.
- Of course, you can also use Mozilla Thunderbird address book groups to add multiple recipients in one go.
- Compose your message and eventually send it.