Move Your Mozilla Thunderbird Profile
To change the location of your Mozilla Thunderbird profile (which holds your messages, settings, filters, address book, spam filter data and more):
- Make sure Mozilla Thunderbird is not running.
- Open your (default) Mozilla Thunderbird profile directory.
- Go to that folder's parent directory.
- Move the profile folder (********.default) to the desired location.
- You can rename the profile folder, of course. For example, your new profile could be at E:\Data\MozillaThunderbirdProfile\.
- Open the "profiles.ini" file in a text editor like Notepad or TextEdit.
- You can find "profiles.ini" under "%appdata%\Thunderbird\" on Windows (type the string in the address field of a Windows Explorer window), under the "Library/Application Support/Thunderbird" directory in your home folder on Mac OS X, and under "~/.thunderbird/" on Linux.
- Look for the Path= entry of your profile (it will still point to the old directory).
- Replace the old path with the new.
- If Path= was "Path=Profiles\pi5nk80v.default", for example, make it read "Path=E:\Data\MozillaThunderbirdProfile".
- Make sure IsRelative is set to '0' (the line should read "IsRelative=0").
- Save and close "profiles.ini".