This is not for you. "Whencever it cometh," you say to yourself, "I want it in my single global universal inbox!"
Mozilla Thunderbird can make those who favor the "divide and conquer" approach very happy, but it can cater to your preferences, too. You can have any and all of your POP email accounts in Mozilla Thunderbird use the Inbox, Sent and other folders under Local Folders instead of their own.
Collect Multiple POP Accounts in a Universal Mozilla Thunderbird Inbox
To use a global inbox for multiple POP email accounts in Mozilla Thunderbird:
- Make sure Use Global Inbox (store mail in Local Folders) is checked when you add an account to Mozilla Thunderbird.
If the desired accounts are already set up in Mozilla Thunderbird — but delivering to their own inboxes instead of the global one:
- Copy or move all messages from the individual accounts' folders to corresponding folders under Local Folders.
- After you have set existing accounts to use the global inbox, their individual folders will no longer be displayed. (The folders will not be deleted, however.)
- Select Tools | Accounts... from the menu.
- For each account you want to use the global inbox:
- Go to Server Settings.
- Click Advanced....
- Make sure Global Inbox (Local Folders Account) is selected under When downloading pop mail for this server, use the following folder for new mail:.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
- Restart Mozilla Thunderbird.