The more folders, the unwieldier the list of folders, though. Wouldn't it be great if you could somehow limit the list to a few favorite mailboxes — easily accessible no matter how deep down in your folder tree they may be? Or a list of just the folders with unread messages? Or recently visited mailboxes maybe?
Fortunately, Mozilla Thunderbird can do all of that; elegantly.
View Only Unread, Recent or Favorite Folders in Mozilla Thunderbird
To have Mozilla Thunderbird show you only a subset of all your email folders:
- Select View | Folders from the menu followed by
- Unread for all folders containing unread messages,
- Favorite for folders marked favorites and
- (You can change a folder's favorite status by clicking on it with the right mouse button and selecting Favorite Folder.)
- Recent for folders you recently used.
To return to the full expandable list of folders:
- Select View | Folders | All from Mozilla Thunderbird's main window menu.
The One-Click List Cycle
As a convenient alternative to the menu:
- Click the left and right arrow buttons in the folder pane header to cycle through the lists.