Check for New Mail Periodically in Mozilla Thunderbird or Mozilla
To check an email account in Mozilla Thunderbird or Mozilla for new mail periodically and automatically:
- Select Tools | Account Settings… (or Edit | Account Settings...) from the menu.
- In Netscape or Mozilla, select Edit | Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings....
- Go to the Server Settings sub-category for the desired account.
- Make sure Check for new messages every __ minutes is selected.
- To have Mozilla Thunderbird check for new mail immediately after launch as well, make sure Check for new messages at startup is checked as well.
- Enter your preferred mail checking interval.
- Click OK.
(Updated May 2012)